Programming requires an understanding of the problem. For data sharing, the programmer needs to understand the data sharing devices, the operating system and communication protocols. For optimal data sharing, the programmer may need an in-depth knowledge of the device and memory interactions.
Configuration tools guide the programmer through the process using interactive methods. For data sharing, the configuration tools identify the options available for the selected target platform. For Poly-Platform, the platform specifics are pre-configured defaults which enable the programmer to quickly have the application running on the target.
Poly-Platform tools are the core of the Virtual Platform. The tools are used to graphically:
- Set up devices
- Map the application to target topology
- Configure the communications mechanisms, near and far
- Define memory organization
- Re-configure to improve performance by trying alternate flows
- Organize memory usage for single core, multicore and multi-processor applications
Development time improves because configuring the communications and memory organization is significantly faster than writing code.
Take Poly-Platform for a spin and experience these methodologies for yourself – click here!